Work permits in Poland – EU and EEA nationals

You are allowed to work in Poland without a work permit if you are:

  • an EU member state national;
  • a national of an EEA member state other than the EU (i.e. Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein);
  • a national of another state which is party to a free movement of people treaty concluded between that state and the European Community (for now: Switzerland),
  • a family member of a national above, i.e. his or her spouse as well as his or her descendant up to 21 years of age or depending financially on the said national.

However, the freedom to work is not absolute in the sense that there still may be some (though not very troublesome) immigration formalities to attend to, depending on the length of stay. More on this in forthcoming entries on immigration.

Related posts:


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: